Thursday 31 May 2012

May Favourites!

How is it the end of May ALREADY?! This year is going by mighty fast! Anyone else feel like that?

I thought I would share what I loved about the month of May seeing as it’s coming to an end.

Beauty

Skin care:

Let’s start with the only skin care product in this favourites. I’ve really been enjoying this Clinique 7 day scrub cream (Sample; 30ml). Now, the title implies you can use it everyday but personally I don’t think it’s particularly kind to scrub your skin everyday like that. So, I’ve been using it, probably, 3 times a week and I my skin feel’s so refreshed after using this. I got it as a sample in a magazine a couple of months ago (I want to say Glamour, but I’m not sure). It doesn’t make my skin feel dry like some other exfoliators do, so a thumbs up for me!

Make up time:

My one and only Nars Blush in Amour (*post here*). I have been reaching for this quite a bit for a subtle flushed look. Next is my trusty MAC Studio Finish concealer in NC42. At the bottom there is a my rediscovered love; Maxfactors False lash effect mascara.

This Bare Minerals 'Mineral Veil' (orignial) has been a real saviour in the recent heat wave we have been enjoying in the UK; a light dusting of this has really helped set my make up in place. (I think it’s better than MAC Mineralise Skin Finish =O, there I said it, lol.)

Final little pieces are my Sleek products, I didn’t mean to put a bunch of Sleek products in but I have been consistently using these products. And if they are good, they are good!

Going clockwise is the Sleek contour Kit in Medium. No explanation needed I think. Sleek Blush in Life’s a Peach, it gives a really ‘brightening’, ‘awake’ look to my face. Finally, the Au Naturel palette (*used here*) for quick and easy everyday looks.

Leisure

Books:

I am one of those who got sucked into reading the Hunger Games and I have to admit that I don’t regret it one bit. They are a fabulous read. I found the second book hard to get into, but the second half makes up for the slow beginning. I still haven't watched the film though, don't think I want to, it will probably be a disappointment. Anyone able to compare?

TV/Movie:

Made in Chelsea is my ULTIMATE guilty pleasure. I know that it’s trash TV and completely falsified but I can’t help but watch it! I don’t watch any other reality TV because I can’t stand them, but this just goes to show you how addicted to crap you can get lol! My favourite people in the show are Millie Mackintosh and Francais Boulle. Do you guys watch it? It's alright to admit it...this is a safe place! Who's your favourite person?

Now this I am NOT embarrassed about! I absolutely love this programme! And sadly the 3rd season of Vampire Diaries ended this month, much to my sadness. I remember when the first season came out and I thought it was just a rip off of Twilight, but it is SO much better. And there are far better looking people in this show! (Ahh Damon (left)...*Drolls*)

And finally Avengers! Ahh this was an amazing film! That’s all I can say about it! A definite must watch. Even my friend, who doesn’t like these types of films loved it! Full of action and funny one liners!

Music:

Now these two men have the most amazing voices and are perfect summer ‘back ground’ tunes! I don’t think there has been a day since getting both their albums that I don’t play them. If I HAD to choose my favourite song from their ablums (which is hard!) it would be; for Ben Howard (left) – Promise. And from Michael Kiwanuka (right) – Rest. They both have soothing voices and if you like chilled type of music then I would definitely recommend checking them out!

Well, that was my long May Favourites! Hope you enjoyed that. Are you enjoying any of the things mentioned above? Would love to know! =) x

6 comments:

  1. I love the film 'The hunger games' but i haven't read the books yet. My sister has and said she loves them so i may i have to start reading them soon!
    -Charlotte
    http://www.incharlottesshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes made in Chelsea!! I <3 Jamie!! Can't believe it's over :( xx


    http://mylushbox.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know =( It'll be back soon though. And there's a reunion show on Monday! lol! x

      Delete
  3. I really love the layout of this post, it was such a fun read! I haven't had mine cut since October..I'm so ashamed of myself! I have so many split ends that I'll definitely try this next time I'm shopping around. Great post! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayesha! Was this comment suppose to go on the hair post? Lol! But thanks gorgeous! We're in the same boat! It's so worth it! x

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a message! They make such a difference! =) please come back as I do reply! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...